We’re planning a home birth for this spring and needed to look into what’s required by the Guatemalan national people registration office of Guatemala (RENAP) in order to get an official Guatemalan Birth Certificate.
- Do it within 60 days of the birth.
- DPI original and copy of both parents (or just mother)
- Medical report of birth (Informe médico de nacimiento) from your doctor or officially registered midwife.
- If your midwife is not registered or no medical personnel was present present a legalized and signed report of the birth with signatures of the parents or mother. (Talk to a lawyer’s office or your local RENAP and they can explain how to do this.)
- Boleto de Ornato (Get this at your local municipality office)
- Passports if parents are from out of country.