Nikon is stepping into Full HD
This entry level model is the first Nikon to have full high definition (1920 x 1080 pixels) recording capabilities and likely heralds the coming of full HD to their high end line as well. One great feature on the D3100 is the auto focus during video recording!
Like it’s predecessor, the D3000 the D3100 is an entry level camera but has some great capabilities that can get even an pro interested in this camera as a backup. Here’s a rundown of Nikon’s latest:
- 14.2 megapixel DX format CMOS sensor for great prints even beyond 20″x30″
- 3-inch monitor screen
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) video recording
- Up to 3 frames per second bursts
- 11 point auto focus
- ISO sensitivity from 100 – 3200 expands up to ISO 12800 equivalent
- Auto Sensor Cleaner
- Lots of user friendly features included like: Guide Mode, Scene Auto Selector, Image processing, In-camera editing, pop-up flash, etc.