We live abroad and we want international health insurance for our family. While companies that provide international health insurance are many, we wanted something that provided some key options:
- Reasonably good coverage (of course!)
- Maternity coverage
- A track record of good service to customers (see reviews)
- A high deductible option,
- Coverage inside and outside the U.S.,
- Inexpensive, money-saving rates
We searched around, talked to fellow expatriates and discovered some options. Below is a break down on what we found.
(UPDATE!) After reviewing a number of options, we chose to go with IMG but after a good year and a half of using them they increased their costs for the maternity rider by some 60%. So we dropped them and switched to a Guatemalan insurance that includes coverage in the States for when we visit. Now we use Seguros GyT.
International insurance options we checked out: